As part of Cooley Godward Kronish’s ongoing commitment to diversity, we are proud to offer Diversity Fellowships to outstanding law students. First-year law students who demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity in their communities are invited to apply for the fellowships. Award recipients will receive a paid Summer Associate position and an award of up to $15,000 to assist with law school tuition. Award recipients will be announced in Fall 2010 with the Summer Associate position to start following the successful completion of the recipient’s 2L year.
We welcome applications from all law students who meet these eligibility criteria:
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity in the community
- Enrolled full-time in an ABA accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of 2012 at the time of application
- Not the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between September 1, 2010 and August 31, 2011
- In order to receive the fellowship, an applicant must commit to joining the Firm’s Summer Associate Program following the applicant’s 2L year
Recipients will be selected based on consideration of the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity
- Excellent undergraduate and law school academic performance
- Personal achievement
- Leadership ability
- Community service
- Commitment to joining Cooley’s 2011 Summer Associate Program
Applications can be submitted online. Applications must include:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement, no longer than 3 double-spaced pages, describing the applicant’s demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity
- Current resume
- Law school transcript
- Other graduate program transcript(s)
- Undergraduate transcript
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references
In supporting some of the country’s most promising law school students, Cooley’s Diversity Fellowship program is committed to cultivating a diverse community of cultures and viewpoints among its attorneys and the legal profession in general.
Partner, Chair of Cooley’s Diversity Committee
For more details on the application process, deadlines and eligibility requirements, please visit www.cooley.com/diversityfellowship.